15 Toys that will make your kids Smarter
by-Rajat Mehta| 2/01/18
Have you ever looked at the face of children when they try to solve any puzzle or when they try to kick a ball into the goal? That concentration on their face shows, it’s not only fun and games. It is more than that, it’s the training of their minds and toys are a tool for that.
Children are born with a innate desire to learn. However, learning is not just restricted to what is taught by the parents. The environment in which the child grows have a direct impact on learning. Children are always curious to know about the environment they are living in. Kids are natural learners and anything that interests them will teach them something. Child development starts at a very young age – a baby realises that if they touch their cot toys they move or make a sound, and they learn cause and effect – touch the toy there and it squeaks. Older children start to develop concepts and have their own ideas as they meet and interact with new people and get accustomed to different things about the world around them.
Kids don’t think like adults, for them everything is new and they are always curious. All the time they learn. Doctors also agree that overall development of a kid’s brain can be done by making them do concentration activities but in a fun way. Kids with age of 6 or more often forget what they did an hour ago. This shows that their memory has been growing at a slow rate and this is the best time to introduce them to memory and concentration-enhancing toys. At 6 or more, kids are in schools and most of the time they spend gathering information. Their brains work all that time to learn new things. But this learning process might be too hard for them. So rather than making them recall all those things that they learned in the school, let them explore and learn through toys/gadgets. It will reduce the stress from their little minds and they will learn with fun.
At the end of the day, all that a parent wants is that the child doesn’t lose it’s innocence, curiosity and happiness in the process of educating them.
Give them wings and they will learn to fly on their own.
- The brain makes the most connections among its cells before your child turns 10.
- Stress disables learning.
- Music boosts learning.
- 20% of the blood flowing from the heart is pumped to the brain.
- The brain stops growing at age eighteen.
- Fully developed baby brain can produce up to 20 watts of power that is just enough to light up a small light bulb.
For one or more players, it’s a great game! It makes you laugh and innovate from the moment the first card is flipped. Roll the game die, choose the appropriate card and a one-minute timer. Preferable for 8+ players.
- The box contains 100 cards which contain photos of different objects, a dice and a one-minute sand timer.
- Any number of players could play.
- To start the game a die is rolled and then cards are drawn equal to the number shown on the die.
- Then create new innovative thing from the mixture of objects shown on cards in a minute time.
- To know all about the game click here.
- Brainstorming game
- Let kids imagine new things
- Help them identify different objects.
This is an open-ended kit full of a wide variety of pieces. It comes with some instructions (and more available online) for various ideas of things kids can make. It also provides lots and lots of opportunities to simply create your own invention.
- Open the box.
- It has about 275+ pieces in it.
- Join them to make structures.
- For exciting build ideas, you can look various online videos.
- Recommend for 6+ because it contains many small pieces.
- Designed for tinkering and creative exploration.
- GoldieBlox toys build spatial skills and confidence in problem-solving.
- Aspire kids to engineer things.
In a chain reaction, one thing leads to another, which leads to another, which leads to another, which. ..well, you get the idea. With this kit your child can make Ten awesome machines that can be combined to make dozens of different chain reactions.
- With 78 pages of detailed instructions with brightly colored images, your kid will learn to build machines ranging in complexity from easy to advance.
- Encourage kids to creativity.
- Enhances problem solving abilities.
- A fun pack with lots of learning.
Introduce your child to the endless boundaries of the space. Let the space trigger your child’s curiosity.
- Open the tripod.
Screw the telescope on the tripod.
- Point and view.
- Adjust the focal length to control the clarity.
- Easy to set & Easy to use
- Promotes your kids’ curiousity and exploration pleasure.
- Open up a whole new exciting world to your youngster
- Broaden their understanding of the universe.
Based on the Emmy-nominated National Geographic Channel TV series, Brain Games, Brain Games Kids takes players through a series of challenges that puts both their mind and body to the test.
Scientific Explorer’s Mind Blowing Science Kit includes almost everything you need to set up exciting, colorful experiments with your young scientist. You will need to go through the apparatus and procedure at first. You need not be a science guru to guide your kids in the experiment. The detailed science guide included with this kit provides adults with “mind blowing science secrets” that help to answer questions about what’s happening in each experiment.
The science guide have every detailed information of the apparatus and procedure.
- Fun, Dynamic way to learn science.
- Kids will learn about basic principles behind the science including the difference between acids and bases.
With 94% of the world being unable to solve the Rubik’s cube, your child’s abilities will be an impressive feat in the eyes of everyone else.
The world knows.
- Your child will improve his spatial awareness
- Problem solving skills will improve
- It helps young minds to stay focused and determined.
- Improves eye-hand coordination skill
Chess has been considered as a game played only by intellectuals and individuals with critical thinking abilities. However, the fact is that chess can be played by people of all age groups and mind sets. Chess is extremely helpful in brain development, particularly when it is played regularly from a very early age.
Click HERE to know
- Improves learning, thinking, analytical power, and decision-making ability of the child.
- Child learn the importance of foresight, and planning.
- Helps in improving concentration and academic performance
Perhaps one of the first important thing children learn is that the Earth is round. It’s an important illustration to children of the ways that reality can be different than it seems at first glance. This fact is poorly conveyed with a regular flat map. Globes are a beautiful and useful tool to convey some of the wonder of the world as it has been revealed to us by science.
Just look for the place you are searching for.
- Great way to let your children explore the geography, countries, and oceans of the world .
Learn basic math and calculator skills while running a pretend store. This calculator cash register features oversize buttons and a big number display, making it appropriate for all ability levels. 73 pieces include actual-size pretend money, pretend credit card, and suggested activities. Great for imaginative role play.
Usage is as simple as operating a calculator but the operation is kind of a real cash register.
- Will help kids learn basic maths like addition and subtraction.
- Kids will surely learn to handle money.
Children are becoming lazy and idle sitting in front of electronic devices for hours on end. You can help your child fight this using Engineering blocks as it challenges them and allows them to build helicopters, robots, animal figures and much more!
Let your child decide what he/she is capable of making using 101 pieces.
- Step-by-step eBook for building 12 different game toy designs.
- Encourages teamwork, imagination and creativity.
- Develops motor skills and hand-eye co-ordination
- Fosters logical thinking and problem solving.
- Keeps children entertained for hours and frees up parents’ time.
One of the best mind game for both kids and adults to play together where everybody has an equal chance to win. Recommended for kids above 8+. It’s a good tool to raise logical abilities in kids.
- This game is played by two people, one is called code maker and other is called code breaker.
- Code maker makes a code with sets of 4 colored pins and code breaker has to guess that code in ten attempts.
- To give codebreaker even chance to crack the code maker give them certain hints.
- To properly understand the game click here.
- Bringing up of logical abilities in the child.
- A good brainstorming game.
- While remembering the different colour combination, it helps in sharpen memory.
Although it is a family game but is proven to promote skill development. Retrieving and placing the wire pieces helps refine fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination, while the strategic thinking and logic involved in deciding where to place a piece helps brush up those problem-solving skills.
- Suspend comes with 24 notched, rubber-tipped wire pieces to hang from a tabletop stand.
- Each time a bar is added, the balance shifts, the difficulty changes and the incredible midair sculpture transforms
- The challenge is to add all game pieces without making the tower fall.
- Fine motor development
- Hand eye coordination
- Problem solving
- Planning and executing
One of the best games for teaching kids logic and deduction! This cool new kids strategy game treats helps develop important mental skills through exciting back-and-forth game play. Brain Freeze has received a 2016 Tillywig Toy Awards Brain Child award.
- Game Includes: 2 Brain Freeze Grid Boards, 2 Secrecy Shields with stands, 2 Dry Erase Pens, 2 Dry Erase Wipe Cloths, Rulebook
- In Brain Freeze, two players or teams race to correctly guess the secret thing that the other player or team has chosen.
- Using only strategic thinking, memory, deduction and logic, players make guesses, record answers, and eliminate variables until they feel they can correctly guess the opponent’s secret thing.
- Guess right and Win, but guess wrong and…you got a Brain Freeze!
- An ideal game to introduce strategy, logic and deduction to younger kids in a fun manner
- Helps to learn important skills they’ll benefit from in school and life a joy.
- Brain Freeze is fast to set-up and easy to learn.
Electronic piggy bank/ATM machine- Kids would love to save money in their special piggy bank. With password protection and cool safety measures, there’s fun in saving money.
- Enter the four-digit password (default 0000), to open the door. The password can be changed.
- Rotate the button clockwise to open the door.
- Can store 600 pieces of Coins or 100 pieces of paper money.
- Kids learn the value of money when they save it.